Whiz Kid Woes

Faisal's Personal Blog

Thursday, November 24, 2005

The Deadly Murder

... i've been training myself for this murder for a couple of months now. I have been paid in advance and I know the exact date and time when it has to be done. I'm too confident that I possess all necessary skills to get the job done with minimal effort.

Finally, the showdown is tomorrow and I'm sitting here loading my guns and practicing my aim when I realize that my aim has gone all rusty and I couldn't even aim to a half meter diameter around the target. A series of thoughts went blazing through my mind; should I make backup plans? should I try to invent some device which could slow time for everybody else except me so I'll have more time to practice my skills to get it right? should I just give a go in a hope that it'll all work out well? I practiced really hard during the night to get the groove back. I'm pretty convinced that I wasn't able to slow up the time for everybody but I believe I did manage to speed it up for myself, as I was able to cover huge grounds in little time (from the external frame of reference, of course!).

Its morning now. I have done all that I could and now its time for the ultimate showdown. I reached the predetermined place on schedule and took my position. The arms and ammunition I carried passed away the sensor network but I had to throw away a device which would help me in aiming. Well, its all instincts now! Its a do or die situation. One hit, one chance! I received intelligence earlier in the morning that if I am unable to put my target out of commission, it'll be curtains for me! It is a bizarre situation of passion, courage and ... fear.

The time is almost here. I have a total of three hours to complete my mission. The clock hits 9:30a and there I can see that my target approaching me. All kinds of thoughts occurred to me: just kill it, its a sitting duck; the easy outer cover could be a phoney and I need to be careful. I took my time and in about an 1.5 hours, the target was finaly in my clutches. As I am focusing on my prey, everything around me has gone invisible and silence is in full wrath. There is a very loud noise in the background which is extremely irritating and it took a while before I could reprogram my mind to filter out that noise so I could concentrate on what my instincts were whispering to me. I get to take this one shot only and I cannot afford to miss it! Everything is in order now, my mind is focused and the game plan is set and they prey is in my clutches. My alloted time for the job is almost over now and I must make a move NOW! Because if I don't, I'd be a dead man.

There's a vicious blow in the room, followed by a loud hurl which is heard all over the place... moments after, everything is silent and peaceful.
.
.
.
Lying before me is a murdered Database Management System paper!

I walk outside the room and wish the tyrannical semester would finish soon...

7 Comments:

  • At 10:39 AM, Blogger Junaid Afghani said…

    LOL ! nicely written. I cudn't tell if u wrote the article until I found the time-relativity(speed) concept embedded. hehe ! gud work, keep IT UP ;)

    btw kool ending (M.Night Shayamalan Style)

     
  • At 11:15 PM, Blogger Naseem Mahnavi said…

    haha no wonder you wanted me to read it... good attempt bro!!!

    juss hope the police doesnt find out about ur skilled murders or u would be booked for life!!!

    :)

    Sis!

     
  • At 11:49 PM, Blogger Muhammad Saqib Ilyas said…

    Translate it in Urdu and send it for publishing in Akhbar-e-Jahan.

     
  • At 4:13 PM, Blogger FM said…

    Nice One. Good thinking and creativity as well.

    In the end, you hit your target ;).

    with regards
    FM

     
  • At 11:36 AM, Blogger Salman Shah said…

    Excellent imagination. Relating things metaphorically and data was encoded so that only the known ones could fathom it & all others kept wandering.

     
  • At 11:28 PM, Blogger M Shoaib Sheikh said…

    perhaps i will be coming up wiht such kinda things very next year..--->

     
  • At 11:19 PM, Blogger mera_apna said…

    wow..nicely written...:D
    so..wat do u study??
    u have finished the sem..or the course ???

     

Post a Comment

<< Home