Whiz Kid Woes

Faisal's Personal Blog

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Wireless Internet

CIS is now offering wireless network in all the labs and I'm enjoying 100KBps downloads!






The wireless network added a special touch to our Software Engineering project presentation today. We presented our software 'Video Teleconferencing' for final review today which is developed using C# and SQL Server 2005. I demonstrated how a teacher could deliver a lecture to remote audience while enjoying a walk in the corridor! There is a wireless router in all the labs and moving from one lab to another does not break the connection however it deteriorates significantly, we can always switch to the wireless connection of that particular lab in such a case. I'm thinking of all I can do with wireless connectivity and blazing fast internet...

2 Comments:

  • At 11:25 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Yeah, I've seen those routers in the labs ... nice to see!

     
  • At 1:11 AM, Blogger Muhammad Saqib Ilyas said…

    That thing about firmware is totally bogus. I dont see why there should be separate wireless network (names) for each lab. I am glad it has finally been deployed in production. This equipment should also continue to be available for experimental use.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home