Whiz Kid Woes

Faisal's Personal Blog

Thursday, June 02, 2005

The Time

I did my second poetry for a Creative Writing competition in NED. I don't have the results of that competition yet! We'll get the results and we'll have recitals after vacations. I've also submitted this poem to be included in department's magazine titled as The Vision.

I received a number of comments regarding this poem from my friends! I wrote this poem in about one hour span and its full of complex thoughts which I've tried to contain in small verses. Here goes:


The Time

the dimension of God,
the god of dimension.

spans to no bounds,
yet always in dearth,
controller of fate,
or controlled by fate?

marks the birth,
and the final berth,
trains to breathe, trains to live,
brings the eternal solace

in dunes of time,
in vortex of space,
man is master of space,
yet, slave of time

time is cruel, time is mean,
never holds, never stops,
makes a mogul, makes a history,
time is gone, time is lost

time is generous, time is sublime,
moves at a uniform spline,
makes us remember, makes us forget,
time is captured, time is surmounted

is time in me? or am I in time?
truth concealed in fable of time.



- Faisal Nasim
Sunday, May 22, 2005. 11:32a

5 Comments:

  • At 3:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice one! keep it up. Looks odd, an emotional poem by a system programmer???:P
    However it seems to be the vocals of doom metal!!!

     
  • At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Nice Peace of Poetry !!
    If u Can Write So Good Then Continue Writing.. Dont just stop on 1s or 2s...let the counting carry on !! :)

     
  • At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great going there!
    Good to see that u have a poetic mind also, keep it up.

     
  • At 12:58 PM, Blogger I-T said…

    everyone's turning into a philosopher nowadays. You should check and abdul's and rappie's blogs :P

     
  • At 12:46 AM, Blogger Ideas for a New Millenium said…

    Here are the answers to your questions:
    You exist in space-time
    You occupy a certain 4-dimensional volume of space time,
    But you don't displace it'
    So it is also in you,
    The result is a 5-dimensional entity,
    That is you.
    You can expand your 5th dimension,
    Your mind, your thought;
    So that you cover the entire space-time and more,
    When you can do that, my son,
    You become me.
    Naseem Mahnavi.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home